Suggested Online Courses
Free online certificate course: Domestic Violence in the Workplace – 1.5 hours
Free online certificate course: Domestic Violence in the Workplace – 1.5 hours – Certificate- from Western U Education Centre for Research & Education on Violence Against Women & Children. Once you complete this online anytime course, (approximately five – six hours), you will receive a Certificate of Achievement to download and add your name and date. For registration e-mail Madoc@contactnorth.ca.
This four-part online training series includes:
- Introduction to Domestic Violence in the Workplace
2. Understanding Domestic Violence
3. Teach Everyone Warning Signs and Risk Factors
4. Respond: SNCit to Start the Conversation
As of June 22,2017 the online learning centre will be located at 7 Hill Ave, Madoc, Ontario. / Dès le 22 Juin 2017, le centre d’apprentissage en ligne sera désormais situé au 7Hill Ave, Madoc, Ontario.
Free certificate course: Human Trafficking- From MCIS - Contact North
Free certificate course: Human Trafficking- From MCIS – For registration e-mail Madoc@contactnorth.ca.
– Overview of Human Trafficking
– Human Trafficking in Canada and Ontario
– Dynamics of Human Trafficking
– Human Trafficking Indicators
– Service Needs of Trafficked Persons
– Unique Needs of Aboriginal Clients
– Unique Needs of Francophone Clients
– First Response Practices
– Medium and Long Term Support
Free online certificate course: Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence - Contact North
Free online certificate course: Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence ( approximately 6 hours) Western Education Centre for Research & Education on Violence Against Women & Children. Once you complete this online anytime course, (approximately five – six hours), you will receive a Certificate of Achievement to download and add your name and date. For registration e-mail Madoc@contactnorth.ca.
Free online certificate course: Domestic Violence Risk Assessment and Management - Contact North
Free online certificate course: Domestic Violence Risk Assessment and Management, (approximately six hours), Western Education Centre for Research & Education on Violence Against Women & Children – once you complete this online anytime course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement sent to your email address from Western Education. For registration e-mail Madoc@contactnorth.ca.
Free online certificate course: Document, Monitor, Collaborate: A Primer on Domestic Violence Risk Assessment & Management - Contact North
Free online certificate course: Document, Monitor, Collaborate: A Primer on Domestic Violence Risk Assessment & Management
Western Education Centre for Research & Education on Violence Against Women & Children (approximately one hour). Document, Monitor, Collaborate offers an introduction to domestic violence risk assessment, risk management and safety planning for professionals in social work and social services, education, health, and union settings. This one hour course focuses on identifying warning signs and risk factors for domestic violence, having a conversation with a person you may be concerned about, and learning about when to reach out to other resources for collaboration and support. A certificate will be provided upon completion. For registration e-mail Madoc@contactnorth.ca.
Free Online certificate -Introduction to Autism: Series for Educators - Contact North
Free Online certificate -Introduction to Autism: Series for Educators For registration e-mail Madoc@contactnorth.ca.
– Characteristics of Autism
– Communication Strengths and Challenges
– Understanding Social Challenges in Children and Adolescents
– Learning Styles
– Understanding Sensory Needs
– Understanding Stress & ASD
– What is Applied Behaviour Analysis
– Using Visual Supports
– Paying Attention to Transitions and Transition Planning
– Using Reinforcement
– Functions of Behaviour
– Promoting Independence for Community Inclusion
Anxiety – Overview and Awareness – Free Webinar with Certificate | Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute
Anxiety represents our body’s natural alarm system, signalling to us the possibility of danger. When this response arises too frequently or intensely and doesn’t match actual situations of danger, it can interfere with life and cause great distress. It is estimated that over a quarter of the population will experience anxiety and there is an increasing concern for rising anxiety among children and youth. In this webinar we will explore the natural purpose of anxiety and how it can become ‘disordered’ and the main principles to guide responding and supporting individuals struggling with anxiety.
Click here to view a free, on-demand webinar from the Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute.
Free Webinar: Creating Your Plan for a Respectful Global Workplace
As your USA-based organization expands globally, are you aware of the common legal challenges and cultural norms of the regions in which you’re growing? Creating a respectful workplace throughout your organization is key to building your brand, retaining top talent, and avoiding legal exposure.
Hosted by Ute Krudewagen, Partner at DLA Piper, and Janine Yancey, President of Emtrain, this 60-minute webinar will cover the basics of how to create an effective program to prevent discrimination and harassment globally, as well as how to tailor your program to fit cultural and legal needs on a regional and local level.
The webinar will cover:
– An overview of the legal landscape regarding discrimination and harassment around the world
– Practical risks per region associated with discrimination and harassment
– Best practices to create and manage a global anti-discrimination and harassment program
– A Q&A with Ute Krudewagen and Janine Yancey
Following the webinar, participants will receive “A Guide to Going Global” white paper, prepared by the DLA Piper team, as well as 60 minutes of continuing education credit for HRC and MCLE (CA only).
Click here to sign up for this valuable webinar: http://bit.ly/299LukE
Emtrain offers online HR and compliance educational courses, tools and resources. Their interactive video courses and content help keep you on track with your HR, business compliance, and people skills training.
VRA-Canada is pleased to announce a partnership with AAACEUS.com to offer over 1600 hours of pre-approved continuing ed courses for registered rehabilitation professionals, certified rehab counselors, case managers, social workers, rehab managers and life care planners at a 20% Discount.
Over 600 hours (64 courses) of pre-approved RRP classes that cover numerous topics including ethics.
The courses now being offered on the website are pre-approved and appropriate for Nurses, ACM, CCM, CRC, RRP, CRRN, CLCP COHN, CPUR, CPUM, CPHM, Social Workers (ASWB) and more. You can take online courses, and Home Study courses (with textbook). All course types can be taken easily and conveniently at anytime.
Registration and testing are all done online and Certificates of Completion are immediately available upon passing the course exam and completing the Evaluation. Upload the certificate of completion to your profile on the website.
How to Join the VRA Canada Affiliate Program
If you need help contact AAACEUS.com at 1-866-850-5999
for VRA Canada Members who have never registered or taken a course with AAACEUS.com
- Go towww.AAACEUs.com/VRA-Canada
- Click Not Registered Yet? Register Here
- Complete the New Member Registration and Login
Once Registered/Logged In, you will be on Your Account page.
- Click View Course Catalog
Under Quick Links menu on the right hand side of the page
- Edit your Search for Courses*
a. Select Course Type or Unlimited Subscription
b. Select Certification
c. Select Topic
*The webpage will refresh after each filter selection, please be patient as the page reloads.
- Scroll the Course Listings below and find your desired course
- Check Course Pre-approvals
If looking for Pre-Approved courses only, verify selected course is pre-approved for desired certification.
- Click on the Course name to view the Course Overview and obtain more information about the program.
- Click on Take Course Now
Pay with Credit Card: Your Discount is Immediately Applied.
Already Registered Participants
for VRA Canada Members who are already registered users of AAACEUS.com
- Go to www.AAACEUs.com/VRA-Canada
- Use your current User ID and Password to Login
Once logged you will be prompted to join the VRA Canada Affiliate
- Hit the Please Add Me button
Your account will now reflect the 20% discount
- Follow steps 4-9 as outlined in the New Participants guidelines above.
Before starting to read course material, print off the test from Your Account
Read course material and complete test as an open book exam.
- Course material can be read as many times as desired.
- Course material can be read on the computer OR printed off and read offline.
- Tests can be re-taken as many times as necessary. If you don’t pass the test, the questions answered incorrectly are displayed on the screen – to re-take test, just use your BACK BUTTON to return to test, change the answers to those questions and re-submit the test for grading. Repeat the process until you pass.
Questions about the online courses offered by AAACEUS.com?
Call AAACEUS.com Customer Support at 1-866-850-5999
ATHEALTH.com (At Health, Inc.) *
Continuing education for psychologists, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, social workers, alcohol and drug abuse counselors, and other mental health professionals. High-quality, convenient, and cost effective continuing education!
Follow the easy to use demo link in the left hand menu on their webpage for a complete walkthrough of athealth.com’s services.
Not all courses have been pre-approved for CEU credit with VRA Canada. Please check the VRA website for course approval number or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your course approval status.
Questions about the online courses offered by athealth.com?
Call Customer Support at 1-888-284-3258 9:00am-5:00pm Pacific Time