Company: Toronto Catholic District School Board
Job City: Toronto
Job Province: Ontario
Reporting to and under the direction of the Sr. Coordinator of Sick Leave and Disability, the successful candidate will coordinate and oversee the Board’s Short Term Sick Leave and Disability Plan. The successful candidate will ensure compliance with all relevant legislative and medical requirements (Human Rights, WSIB, and Ontarians with Disabilities Act, etc.) Board policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the Short Term Sick Leave and Disability Plan for all staff including requesting and reviewing medical documentation to confirm eligibility for sick leave pay and/or early and safe return to work opportunities. In conjunction with supervisory staff, create and monitor appropriate return to work and/or stay at work plans to meet the individual needs of employees and the Board;
- Provide guidance, interpretation and information to employees on all related SSP matters
- Communicate with the employee, the Third Party Provider(s), the employee’s immediate supervisor and Union representative (where applicable) to facilitate early and safe return to work
- Assist in creating appropriate modified job plans for transition back to work
- Supervise the processes of all appropriate entries into HR/Payroll system in a timely and accurate manner to ensure appropriate pay for employees
- Maintain records, track analyze and report utilizing statistics to identify general trends
- Prepare and facilitate training and other required presentations
- Act as resource person for Modified Work Committees, keeping the Committees informed of TCDSB’s practices and procedures and the current legislation as well as providing the Committee with necessary statistical reports and expertise on SSP related matters
- Prepare and present submissions at grievances and arbitration meetings as well as representing the Board as required
- Supervise assigned staff by providing training, guidance, and performance evaluations as required
- Provide support in the development and implementation of Policies and Procedures relating to disability management
- Assist in other Sick Leave and Disability functions as assigned or required
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum 3-year community college diploma in Human Resources or related field
- Specialized training in disability claims management, dispute resolution or equivalent in actual related experience preferably in a public sector unionized environment
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in disability management, sick leave and in facilitating safe and early return to work programs in occupational non-occupational disability/disease
- Sound knowledge of W.S.I.A., O.H.S.A., Human Rights Code, Ontarians with Disabilities Act, as well as employment and other related legislation
- Advanced computer skills in MS applications: Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Parklane software an asset
- Excellent interpersonal abilities are required to enable effective interaction with employees, management, unions, third party insurance carriers and medical professionals on sensitive and confidential issues
- Excellent organization, time management, problem-solving and record-keeping skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to deal with constant demands, deadlines and interruptions
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and own vehicle available to use for travel within the Greater Toronto Area (eligibility for mileage reimbursement)
How to Apply
The TCDSB is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department, at the time of your application, of any requirement for accommodation in order for us to assess all candidates in a fair and equitable manner. Documentation to support the accommodation may be requested as required prior to the implementation of the accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, and any related educational documents, and reference letters, no later than Wednesday, March 13, 2019.
Applications are to be submitted online through Apply To Education.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.