Company: Spencer Experts Inc.
Job City: London
Job Province: Ontario
Closing Date: 15/08/2019
Spencer Experts Inc.: we’re small but mighty!
Spencer Experts is a growing private rehabilitation company in London Ontario, specializing in vocational rehabilitation services, functional abilities evaluations, life care plans and occupational therapy services. This is a great opportunity to become an integral part of a small and dynamic rehabilitation team.
We conduct assessments and provide expert reports assisting insurance companies and lawyers to reach fair conclusions. We provide rehabilitation treatment and services to individuals who have been injured or disabled helping to improve their quality of life. We’re a family owned and operated company and we strive to create a warm, family friendly working environment for our employees and contractors.
We’re currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to serve our expanding London and area client base – someone who is passionate about the profession and aspires to help create and/or lead an OT practice at Spencer Experts.
What we need from you:
- Current registered member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Preferred 3 years’ practical OT working experience; 1 to 2 years of which is in treatment and assessment; experience in insurance and MVA industry; HCAI knowledge and experience would be an asset
- Experience working with clients living with conditions that include traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, chronic pain, orthopedic injury, mental health, burns, amputation, etc.
- Desire to work both on the assessment and treatment side of OT and on the business development side (meeting clients, growing the business, attending industry events)
- Adept interviewer
- Strong writer with ability to create comprehensive reports on client function and treatment plans and to express complex situations in understandable “lay” language
- Strong verbal communications and the self-confidence to manage discussions with stakeholders
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have use of a reliable vehicle, and be willing to travel primarily in the London area and occasionally throughout the province
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Asset would be certification in Life Care Planning or a desire to become a Certified Life Care Planner
- Asset would be qualified to conduct functional abilities evaluations or become qualified (equipment provided)
How to Apply
What you can expect from us:
- Interesting work and the opportunity for career and clinical skill development in a small and growing disability management firm
- Training support for your goal of becoming an OT Practice Leader
- Mentoring and ongoing support from a small, warm and caring team
- We solicit employee opinions and value them
- Competitive compensation
- Lap top, cell phone, mileage reimbursement
- Annual Health care spending account
- Autonomy and flexible scheduling are encouraged
If you want a new challenge in a welcoming and friendly environment and have the skills and knowledge, please send your resume in confidence to:
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected to continue our recruiting process will be contacted. As part of Spencer Experts standard recruitment process, suitable candidates will be required to present a cleansed (redacted) sample report prior to our interview process.
Spencer Experts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment and selection process.