Company: Vocational Alternatives Inc.
Job City: Vaughan
Job Province: Ontario
Closing Date: 31/12/2018
Established in 1997, Vocational Alternatives Inc. is a vocational rehabilitation consultation firm specializing in disability management services within the insurance and legal sectors. We are currently looking to grow our roster of vocational evaluator(s) to conduct forensic and rehabilitation oriented evaluations in a sub-contractor capacity.
- Complete thorough vocational intake interviews, evaluations and transferable skills analysis.
- Administer vocational tests (general educational development, aptitude, interest, etc.), interpret and analyze results.
- Document and analyze complex medical/functional information to infer capacity for type of work and suitability.
- Identify realistic/prospective occupations and vocational goals that reflect the needs of clients as per their residual impairment.
- Identify steps and supports required to support injured party’s reintegration.
- Write thorough, well-rationalized and articulated reports.
- Graduate degree, or, undergraduate degree in related discipline with other applicable post-secondary education, training, and experience.
- Must have or be eligible for CVRP, CCRC, CCVE, RRP.
- Preference given to court certified experts and those with medical legal experience.
- Experience within multidisciplinary environment; documenting/interpreting complex medical and functional information.
- Familiar with labour market trends and research techniques.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Home office, (compatible computer/email, fax) a vehicle and liability insurance.
- Willing to travel and/or live in GTA, Barrie, Orillia, Owen Sound (Grey Bruce), Sudbury, Hamilton, St. Catherine’s, Kitchener, Oshawa, London, Windsor, Ottawa.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Human Resources indicating where you found the job posting:
Applicants must be able to produce a redacted vocational report that illustrates competency within a complex injury setting.
Only eligible applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.