Company: WorkSafe BC
Job City: Thoroughout the Lower Mainland
Job Province: British Columbia
Closing Date: 06/12/2018
Are you interested in being part of a team that helps people injured at work return to work safely? We’re looking for knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated vocational rehabilitation professionals to work as key members of our case management team.
We have opportunities available throughout the Lower Mainland. Apply now for positions scheduled to start at the end of January, 2019. We’ll be reviewing applications weekly.
What you’ll do
You’ll assess the impact of workers’ injuries on their employment potential and quality of life, and determine what vocational rehabilitation benefits they’re entitled to. You’ll also provide vocational counseling and create vocational rehabilitation and return-to-work plans.
We’re looking for people who can:
- Assess employment barriers and provide vocational counseling to develop suitable return-to-work and vocational rehabilitation plans that may include work assessments, formal on-the-job training, job search and self-employment support, and job development activities
- Use sound judgment to weigh evidence, interpret policy, and apply discretion to determine eligibility and entitlement to vocational rehabilitation programs and services
- Apply organizational and decision-making skills to manage a complex, high-volume caseload
- Establish and maintain collaborative, professional relationships with various stakeholders, including injured workers, employers, and community health care providers
- Accurately manage rehabilitation expenditures
- Mediate and negotiate effectively to help achieve positive outcomes
Meet one of our current vocational rehabilitation consultants to learn more about this job.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline such as disability studies, vocational counseling, rehabilitation counseling, social work, physiotherapy, psychology, occupational therapy, or kinesiology
- Four years of directly related experience in vocational rehabilitation counseling, career or employment counseling, vocational evaluation, vocational rehabilitation planning, employability assessment, or rehabilitation management
- A relevant professional designation is preferred. This includes Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP), Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP), Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor/Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CRC/CCRC), and Canadian Certified Vocational Evaluator (CCVE)
- An understanding of disability management and return-to-work principles and practices and vocational or psycho-vocational tests in the context of vocational rehabilitation
- Experience working in a computerized work environment with common computer applications, such as Microsoft Word
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout the province and stay overnight is required
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
How to Apply
Your resume does not need to be limited to two pages and should provide details of all your work responsibilities for each position you’ve held. Please include the month and year you started and left each position and whether the position was full or part-time.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary of $74,104 – $93,527, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward a defined benefit pension plan. As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life.
If you’re the successful applicant, we’ll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your passing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of the offer, you’ll need to consent to the criminal record check. Once you get clearance, your offer of employment will be confirmed.
To apply visit our careers page at www.worksafebc.com and select Current Opportunities to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Application deadline: December 6, 2018
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose
applications we will be pursuing further.