Job City: Various
Job Province: Ontario
Agliec is currently seeking either part-time or independent self-employed Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants (VRC) to provide a range of vocational rehabilitation services throughout Ontario. VRC may conduct vocational assessments and labour market analyses; conduct functional or ergonomic assessments; develop and implement rehabilitation and return-to-work plans, facilitate job search programs, set up work hardening programs, and provide vocational counselling and case management services. A home-based office is required as well as access to a vehicle for travel.
VRC is expected to provide some or all of the following (please indicate areas of expertise and preference in resume and cover letter):
• Independently manage caseload and provide high quality services in a timely manner.
• Complete vocational assessments and transferable skills analysis.
• Conduct functional and ergonomic assessments.
• Manage return-to-work plans and develop effective relationships with employers.
• Provide vocational counselling, and other customized services. PGAP™ and Motivational Interviewing certification would be considered an asset.
• Set-up work hardening/job trial placements with employers.
• Conduct or arrange a variety of job search and return-to-work supports.
• Assimilate financial, medical, psychological, vocational and social details.
• Ability to write detailed assessment and progress reports, including research and analysis of data.
• Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Time management, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to coach and facilitate change.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Interviewing skills, adjusting communication style dependent on participant personality and learning style. Solution-focused counselling skills.
• Knowledge of disabling conditions and accommodations.
• Community and government resources available to clients.
• Ethical decision-making.
• LTD/STD, Legal, employer-based, and WSIB work experience.
Education: Completed undergraduate in relevant field from a recognized Canadian Institute, or its equivalent, or Registered Kinesiologist, or Occupational Therapist, and;
Required: Certification, eligibility, or completion of one or more of the following: CVRP, CCRC, RRP, CVE, CCVE, CDMP, CRWC, BDM,, ACRTW, Canadian Certified Ergonomist. Maintain professional membership and credentials. Maintain professional liability insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to the attention of Lisa Yassein at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place VRC – Your Last Name – Location (geographical area) in the subject line of your email. Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We accommodate disabilities during the selection process. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. www.agilec.ca