Company: Vocational Alternatives Inc.
Job City: Vaughan
Job Province: Ontario
Closing Date: 31/12/2018
Vocational Alternatives Inc. is a vocational rehabilitation and assessment consultation company specializing in disability management within the insurance and legal sectors. Established in 1997 we have become leaders in our field by pursuing the most meaningful and sustainable outcomes for our clients with respect to their work reintegration.
For more information about Vocational Alternatives Inc. please visit our website at www.vocationalalternatives.com
As a vocational rehabilitation counsellor at Vocational Alternatives Inc. you will be challenged with a broad spectrum of complex medical, functional, and psychological issues.
At this time, we are specifically looking for skilled, experienced vocational rehabilitation counsellors and/or placement specialists throughout Ontario who have experience facilitating vocational decision making and negotiating return to work with clients who have sustained traumatic injuries.
- Assess vocational rehabilitation potential and needs of clients through stakeholder interviews.
- Review and interpret vocational assessments, transferable skills analyses, as well as other client medical reports.
- Negotiate return to work and/or activate clients with consistent in-person follow up and support.
- Facilitate and coordinate opportunities for client networking and information gathering.
- Network to facilitate/coordinate job shadowing and/or structured work placement/trial opportunities.
- Advocate for clients with the goal of creating opportunity, building skills and obtaining experience.
- Provide ongoing vocational and rehabilitation counselling support and case management.
- Work independently within a collaborative multidisciplinary ‘team’ setting.
- Write thorough and timely reports to identify findings/progress/barriers and opinions.
- Adhere to company procedures, policies and standards of practice.
- Related university or other applicable post-secondary education.
- CVRP, CCRC, RRP/RVP (or eligible). PGAP certification an asset.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Experience within multidisciplinary environment; documenting/interpreting complex medical/functional/psychological information.
- Experience with serious and catastrophic injuries including ABI is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of community resources; worksite, workplace and labour market issues; employment, human rights and insurance laws; workplace accommodations and assistive devices; vocational rehabilitation principles, and best practices.
- Motivated, driven team player with ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to ethical practice and unquestionable integrity.
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Home office, (Microsoft Office 2010 or later, email, dedicated phone line, fax), a reliable vehicle and professional liability insurance.
- Familiarity with Dragon Naturally Speaking software an asset.
- Willing to travel and/or live in GTA, Barrie, Orillia, Owen Sound (Grey Bruce), Sudbury, Hamilton, St. Catherine’s/Niagara, Kitchener, Oshawa, London, Windsor, Ottawa
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Marc Solish via firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating within where you found the job posting.
Applicants must be able to submit a redacted written work sample (e.g. client progress report).
Only eligible applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.