October 19 and 20, 2016
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Health and Safety Conference
Wednesday, October 19
• Workplace Violence: Applying standard assessment tools
• Combating Workplace Violence and Harassment: New OHSA requirements, investigations, and work refusals
• Progress or Promises Unfulfilled? An up-to-date report on the National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety
• A Sober Look at Marijuana and Prescription Drugs: A medical expert addresses impairment effects
• Medical Marijuana and Prescription Drugs: A legal discussion of workplace safety, accommodation, and zero tolerance
• Major Caselaw Update: Trends in inspections, prosecutions, sentencing, and more
Workplace Safety and Insurance Conference
Thursday, October 20
• Compensation for Mental Stress and Psychological Injury: The new frontier in WSI
• Taking the Pulse: The year’s key compensation decisions and what they mean for you
• Prescription Overruled? Is the WSIB ignoring claimants’ own health care professionals?
• How do the WSIB and WSIAT Weigh Medical Evidence? Tips and advice from the experts
• The Ten Year Appointment Limit: How will it affect adjudication at the WSIAT?
Click here to view the conferences brochure for more information.