VRA Canada is pleased to have the opportunity to support the education of a future or current vocational rehabilitation professional.
One (1) scholarship in the amount of $500 is available to be awarded at the 2018 VRA Conference.
Students are future of the profession!
Students must be:
- Full time or Part-time
- At a recognized educational institution in Canada
Full time: enrolled in a diploma or degree program with a focus in Vocational Rehabilitation, Disability Management, Rehab Counselling, Vocational Evaluation, or another related competency.
Part-time: enrolled part-time in a degree, diploma, postgraduate degree or certificate that focuses on Vocational Rehabilitation, Disability Management, Rehab Counselling, Vocational Evaluation, or another related competency.
Download the application form, which must be completed and submitted by the deadline of April 30, 2018 at 11:59pm.
About the Award:
Terms of Reference
- This is not an annual program. It is discretionary and will be limited to a set of criteria established by the granting body.
- VRA Canada board at their own discretion may determine to grant these awards from time to time
- This is a one-time scholarship of $500. There is one award available.
- The award will be granted at the VRA 2018 Conference, May 31-June 1, 2018
- It is intended that scholarship funds be applied to tuition fees for the current term, or the next available term when the recipient is enrolled in courses
- Applications will be reviewed to ensure the individual meets the student requirements and the awards criteria establish by granting body. The recipient will be selected by the VRA Canada Education Committee
- Recipients will be notified by email or letter
- The recipient must be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution, in programs as outlined on page 1.
- A resident of Canada
- Applicants must complete the application form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of April 30, 2018 11:59pm.
- Applicants must answer the question, in 250 words or less: Why have you chosen a career in vocational rehabilitation?