Title: Safe, Healthy, and Productive Workplaces: Learning from Research and Practice Conference
June 1-3, 2017
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
University of Northern British Columbia, Prince George, BC
UBC – Okanagan Campus, Kelowna, BC
February 28, 2017
Cost: Early-Bird registration rate $485
This multidisciplinary conference brings together business/labour leadership and other stakeholders who play a role in creating and sustaining safe, healthy, and productive workplaces learning from current research and practice. Members of Vocational Rehabilitation Association receive registration discounts.
The Canadian Institute for the Relief of Pain and Disability is pleased to announce that registration for our upcoming conference Safe, Healthy, and Productive Workplaces: Learning from Research and Practice conference is online. We invite you to join us on June 1-3, 2017 in beautiful Vancouver, BC Canada or at one of the two satellite locations.
As a member of Vocational Rehabilitation Association you will receive a registration discount of almost $100.00! Don’t miss out on Early Bird registration rates which expire on March 31, 2017. Register early to receive the best deal on you conference registration!
Call for Papers, Posters, Symposia, and Case Studies
We are accepting Academic Abstracts, Workplace Case Studies, and Proposals for Mini-Symposium/Themed Break-Out Sessions. The deadline for all submissions is February 28, 2017. (Awards for Best Research /Case Studies)
- Academic Abstracts - Share your research through a Poster or Presentation (student submissions are welcome).
- Workplace Case Studies - Profile your organization’s programs which aim to improve employee and business health.
- Mini-Symposium/ Themed Break-Out Session – Submit a series of themed abstracts for small group discussion.
- Workplace and worker risk factors for work absence
- Workplace assessment – credible tools/instruments
- Older workers, chronic disease, episodic disease and work participation
- Mental health, musculoskeletal health
- Case management, return to work coordination, early intervention
- Role of leadership/supervisors/managers
- Workplace accommodation and social inclusion
- Stay at Work Initiatives
- Strategies and tools to enhance safety culture and organizational change
- Bullying and incivility interventions
- Enhancing communication with internal/external stakeholders
- Multidisciplinary work rehabilitation services
- Impact of sex and gender on RTW outcomes, implications for policy and practice
- Information systems for accountability
- Work productivity and disability prevention interventions
- Wellness and health promotion
- Showcase your workplace initiatives
Sponsors and Participating Organizations
- Business in Vancouver
- Work: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment, and Rehabilitation
- BC Federation of Labour
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Canadian Association for Research on Work and Health
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Canadian Institute for the Relief of Pain and Disability
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Centrum Werk Gezondheid
- Human Resources Management Association
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation/Réadaptation Psychosociale Canada
- Realize (formerly Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation)
- SPOR Chronic Pain Network
- Total Worker Health® - CDC/NIOSH
- Vocational Rehabilitation Association of Canada
- Work Fitness & Disability Roundtable
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention, Okanagan Campus University of British Columbia
- Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia
- Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia
- School of Health Sciences, University of Northern British Columbia
- Faculty of Management, University of Lethbridge
- Department of Physical Therapy, University of Alberta
- Center of Excellence for the Study of Health & Chronic Illnesses, The University of Texas at Arlington
We have secured excellent accommodation rates. Be sure to book your accommodation early to avoid disappointment.
Sponsorship and Exhibitor Information
Interested in sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities? Get more information!
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Safe, Healthy, and Productive Workplaces: Learning from Research and Practice
c/o CIRPD, 204 – 916 West Broadway Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1K7 Canada
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
North American Toll free 800-872-3105 Tel: +1 604 684-4148